If you’re a gaming geek with an Nvidia GPU, you’re probably familiar with Nvidia’s GeForce Experience.
In the old days (Not too old), Nvidia’s GeForce Experience and its importance were controversial. Some people thought it was an unnecessary addition to a gaming PC. Others argue that it consumes more computational resources.
GeForce Experience, on the other hand, has evolved into a versatile GPU planning tool for Nvidia GPU users in recent versions.
For some reason, if you want to disable it, I am here to guide you. But, before we discuss how to disable GeForce Experience, let’s take a moment to see what GeForce experience is.
Also read: Fix Nvidia GeForce Experience
What Is GeForce Experience?
GeForce Experience is add-on software for the GeForce GTX graphics card that holds subscribers’ drivers updated and automatically optimizes their game settings, among other things.
GeForce Experience is pre-installed on devices that use NVIDIA GeForce GPU.
Relevent read: Reset Stream Key On Twitch
Can you uninstall GeForce Experience?
Installing the GeForce Experience is not necessary, but recommended. As a result, it really does not make a difference if you decide you do not want it.
GeForce Experience is an excellent tool to get automatic updates regularly but if it starts to glitch, it can be a real nuisance. Luckily, someone who is unhappy with the facility has the feature to uninstall it.
This guide will show you how to disable it in the simplest way possible, allowing you to return to gaming in peace.
However, you should know that after you remove the program, you’ll have to manually retrieve and install up-to-date device drivers from NVIDIA’s official web page whenever the latest drivers for your Graphics card and OS combination are launched.
Relevent read: Update Your Graphics Driver
Does GeForce Experience decrease performance?
If the reason for uninstalling is the performance, then let me tell you one thing. GeForce Experience is a bit of technology that alerts you when the latest variant of your driver is available. Or, it simply enhances the game visuals for you. It barely affects your game’s performance. Hence, if you are facing issues with your game’s performance, uninstalling GeForce Experience is not the solution.
Game frames per second can be affected by hardware such as the GPU, motherboard, processor, and RAM. You might want to look into those for better performance.
Relevent read: how to use Nvidia Freestyle?
How to turn off GeForce Experience?
If you want to understand how to delete GeForce Experience, I’ll tell you all you desire to understand and respond to some of your queries.
There are several methods for removing GeForce Experience, all of which are very simple.
A. Disable It At Startup
1. Right-clicking on the Taskbar will open a list that will provide you access to the Task Manager.
2. Locate ‘Startup’ and hit it off.
3. Scroll down and look for “NVIDIA GeForce Experience.”
4. Click to highlight it, then, in the lower right corner of the screen, press the “Disable” button to turn it off.
5. Reboot your pc to ensure that the change takes effect.
The program will no longer initiate on startup, so it is successfully disabled until you decide to run it manually!
GeForce Experience may stop functioning or break down for some users. This would also be avoided if it is disabled.
Note: Please keep in mind that some GeForce drivers may not appear on the Startup page. Thus, this choice may not be appropriate for everyone.
Relevent read: How Does RAM Affect Gaming?
B. Uninstall The Program
Uninstalling the GeForce Experience via the “Add or Remove Programs” function is as effortless as disabling it.
No worries, removing GeForce Experience will not harm the GPU and it is supposed to carry on with its normal functioning.
Go through the followings steps and you’ll be able to uninstall GeForce Experience (as well as any other unwanted program).
1. Go to Start
2. Type “Add or Remove Programs”
3. A new window will be opened labeled ‘Apps and Features’ in Settings.
4. Another search bar will appear about halfway down the page.
5. Enter “GeForce Experience” and you’ll find access to it.
6. When you click on it and Uninstall option will appear.
7. Click on it and then follow the tips and directions until the task is finished.
1. Open the start menu and type ‘control panel’ into the search box.
2. Launch the control panel.
3. There will be a heading “programs” in the control panel, and under it, you’ll find an option called “uninstall a program,” which you should select.
4. Look up GeForce experience.
5. After locating it, select Uninstall.
6. An uninstaller window will appear; click on uninstall.
7. Wait a few moments for it to successfully complete, and then close the uninstaller window.
If you can’t uninstall GeForce Experience through Control Panel, look for uninstall.exe in the GeForce Experience installation directory and run it to complete the process. You can also use system restore to return your device to a time period when GeForce Experience was not activated on it.
With this, your computer will no longer have Nvidia GeForce Experience. Your installed drivers will continue to stay, but you will be responsible for updating and installing them from that moment.
Suggestion: Only install drivers that you accessed directly from the Nvidia webpage; or else, you take the chance of infecting your computer with malware and viruses. You can reinstall GeForce Experience if you want to use it again – but only from the Nvidia homepage!
Relevent read: Fix Computer Overheating Issues
C. Disable Geforce Experience From System Configuration
This activity will also turn off the graphics card driver’s service. The device should be operational, but you will not receive any future update alerts. You can always manually update the driver or use Driver Booster.
1. To begin, open the Start Menu, type “services.msc” and then launch the program.
2. The list contains hundreds of items. Locate the NVIDIA Display Container LS, right-click it, and then choose Properties.
3. Choose Disabled from the Startup type, then tap ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’.
4. To see the effect take place, restart the system.
Note: If you change your mind later, you can adjust back to Automatic, and the program will continue to run as before. You can also use the installed app list to manually start the app.
Relevent read: Gaming Laptop vs Gaming PC
As I have mentioned before, disabling (or uninstalling) GeForce Experience is extremely simple. Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of computer systems should be able to get rid of them without difficulty.
Relevent read: How To Install Liquid Cooling